The church of Saint Peter rises in the upper part of Corniglia. It was built in 1334 on a pre-existing XI century building. It has a Baroque style, with some Gothic and Ligurian elements. The XIV century façade is adorned by a 1351 Carrara white marble rose window which has the old dear symbol of Corniglia at its centre. The inside is divided into three aisles with Baroque vault. Interesting are a polyptich situated at the bottom altar of the right aisle and a christening font of the XII century. Another interesting thing about this church is that the stone courtyard is actually a roof of someone’s house just below it.