This church has a status of cathedral. It is not so much due to its size but its historical importance. Dating back to the late 1400’s this church was at the centre of Renaissance movement in Conegliano. Of particular importance was the fact that the front facade of the church was connected to the school and library, now a small museum. There is an inscription on the top of the square bell tower, just below the clock which in Latin reads – Each hour wounds, the last one kills, as a reminder to the passers by.