A few hundred meters down the road from the Monastery is The Neupfarr Church which is a Protestant parish church on Neupfarrplatz in the Old Town of Regensburg. This church was built on the foundation of the old Synagogue which with the rest of the Jewish quarter was demolished to make room for a new Protestant church in 1519. Today there is a Jewish Memorial in the square as well as ongoing archeological dig with tour of the undergrounds which starts daily at 14:30. We got here at about 1:40 and with 33C outside no one was interested in waiting on the stone plaza with no shade in sight for the tour to start. Next time, perhaps.